Other Notes on Inquiry Process
- Not teacher centered. Its about decentralization.
- But teachers can still guide and facilitate students
- It welcomes complexity and ambiguity
Inquiry through story, what inquiry philosophies/ principles does this story remind you of?
- Accessing multiple perspectives
- Allows multiple interpretation
- Notice the stories that are in the world, around us, everywhere
- Human non-interference; respecting more-than-home relatives
- Multiples entry points for curiosity, interest, light the fire, engagement wonder, discovery/uncovering
- Interdisciplinary – integrated/everything is interconnected, we are all related
- Experiential – contextual, knowing-in-place (Branch III)
- Importance of relationship (Branch IV), spirituality of these relationship
- Lived experiences – each animals had a lived experience with the rock
Course Inquiry Questions: - How can inquiry pedagogies guide science learning?